Birth Journey Class
My goal is to help couples understand that the experience of labor and birth encompasses all realms; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. I am deeply dedicated to helping parents prepare for a conscious, fully involved and positive birth experience. I will offer you information and tools for making informed choices all along the way. Community building is a cornerstone of these classes as birthing partners come together in a safe, friendly, and sharing atmosphere with others in the same place on the birth journey path. Very often long-term friendships form in these classes.
The philosophy, information, and techniques offered are a blending of ancient wisdom and paradigm shifting discoveries gathered from many sources; Kitzinger, Gaskin, England, Odent, Arms, Simkins, Verny, Frye, Whapio as well as Read, Bradley and Lamaze to name a few.
One of the greatest challenges in birth is that you must both hold to your intentions and at the same time let go to the Great Mystery. Giving birth to your child is your initiation into parenthood. This being one of the most transformational and challenging experiences in your life, it is very important to prepare for it.
The Journey Begins…
Some of the information covered:
– Anatomy of a pregnant woman’s body
– Stages of Labor
– Breath Work and Relaxation
– Positions that Help
– Recognizing and Releasing Fear
– Labor Support and Comfort Measures
– Risks and Benefits of Medical Interventions
– Ways to Honor the Sacred Aspects of Birth
– Newborn Decisions After Birth
– The Post-partum Period
Tools for Learning
– Pain coping techniques
– Experiential Hands-on Exercises
– Birth Art
– Guided Visualizations
– Birth Films
Upcoming Series 2021 (8 weeks)
Classes are on Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm
- I: Starts Jan 1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24
- II: Starts March 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/28, 5/5
- III: Starts May 5/26, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23, 6/30, 7/7, 7/14
- IV: Starts Aug 8/4, 8/11, 8/18, 8/25, 9/1, 9/8, 9/15, 9/22
- V: Starts Oct 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8 (No class 11/24)
Please note: Dates may change slightly. Please call to confirm.
Class sizes are purposefully kept small, so please CALL early to confirm space is available in the class of your choice (415) 453-0251. It’s a good idea to begin your class series about 10-12 weeks before your due date (about 28-30 weeks into pregnancy).
Please read Registration Guidelines and Call to sign up for any class or private sessions.
REGISTER WITH PAYPAL
REGISTER WITH CASH/CHECK:
Class fee is $450 / couple.
Please send payment to:
The Birth Journey
412 Red Hill Ave , Suite #17
San Anselmo, Ca 94960
— Include your names, address, phone, email
— Include your due date and practitioner and place you plan to be giving birth
* There are no refunds for non-attendance. If you need to make up a missed class you can arrange a private phone class at $25/hour.